Friday, May 21, 2010

Leading up to the Last Dance

The lack of posts this week has been a result of extreme business leading up to the premiere of our final program of the season this past Thursday. But that has come and gone--wonderfully, and filled with lots of amazing ballerina/danseur noble dancing and tulle and hairspray and fake eyelashes, all of that--and now the countdown begins. We have just five shows left and then my first season with the Royal Danish Ballet will be over. And on this Saturday morning, I'd like to indulge in a waking moment of nostalgia. The season feels like it has gone by in approximately two seconds, and yet at the same time I feel as though I have been here in Copenhagen for years. These past ten months have been full of big changes for me, both professionally and personally, and I am so happy to say I feel I can go on summer holiday knowing I have made some positive strides forward in both areas. I have met a second family in the form of new friends, I have found a company atmosphere where I feel I can make improvements in my dancing, and I have moved to a city that I have absolutely fallen in love with. I consider myself pretty lucky on a daily basis, and not many people can say that :) So tusind tak--to Copenhagen, Royal Danish Ballet, and my family and new second family, for giving me one helluva year.

No comments: