Sunday, April 25, 2010

the city so nice, they named it twice...old New York

With a free Monday because of Othello performances, I am up early in the hopes of being productive. I'm helping a friend move this morning, and having a girls' afternoon later. But I found some pictures of my home, my beloved New York, from 1942 that started off my morning in a fabulous sort of way. (Source: citynoise.org)


The Brooklyn Bridge from South St. Manhattan. (And no part of it is for sale, so never believe that ;-P)



Salvage collection on the Lower East Side.


West Canal St. (Apparently, Ex-Lax was a big seller...)


On the corner of Pearl St. I love these.


East 7th St. Love me an old ale house.

1 comment:

kdt said...

McSorley's as it looks today. Only difference now is that they allow women in. And the prices are higher.