Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tusind Tak to TheBalletBag.com...

...for giving me (and lovely Royal Danish Ballet photographer David Amzallag) a shout-out on their "Dance Blogs You Should Read" list :) I love their website, and it was pretty cool to see this little blog clock in at "nummer fire."
Thanks also to the fantastic audience at this evening's performance of En Skærsommernatsdrøm! It makes a huge difference when the audience is clearly loving the performance (and, like this evening, when the Queen is in attendance). I know for me, going into the show I had a stuffy nose and a nice hacking cough--thank you, weird Copenhagen weather; but hearing the audience crack up and whistle not just at the end of the show but throughout the performance definitely helped.
And so, having taken some imported Tylenol Cold medicine, this ballerina child is going to sleep. En Skærsommernatsdrøm ends its run tomorrow night, so please come if you can. Saturday begins the Shakespeare in Motion program at Skuespilhuset, and that's a pretty fab way to spend an evening also ;) Goodnight, with a little bit of Ike & Tina...a favorite among some of my friends and me. Because who doesn't love a little Proud Mary?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No, thank you for sharing your adventures with us! Hope you are having a blast in Denmark and we'll be crossing our fingers to catch the RDB next season.

xo
E&L