Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saturday Night Fever --> SUNday :)

Last night's premiere of Othello was a total success :) I love performing this because it's something different than your average ballet--the music is loud and not exactly classical, at all; I'm wearing combat boots instead of ballerina shoes; I carry a gun and have no makeup (save for some warpaint); plus I have a chance to let my big hair down, which is a big deal because normally it's a hindrance and forced back into very tight sort of hairdos. At any rate, the audience seemed to really love our little group of Shakespeare dancers. Always nice to experience a good audience.
Afterwards, we had a premiere reception in the Kantine of the Skuespilhuset. (I felt the need to wear an especially girly outfit to compensate for my "butch" role as a Marine in the performance. So I went with a bouquet theme, complete with rose earrings, a big flower pinned to my white blazer, and a pale pink frilly little skirt. Mission accomplished.) Food, drinks, a few short speeches and flowers, and friends were involved. All very nice things, especially after a show. We spent about an hour there celebrating the premiere, and then moved on to a big Fødselsdag Fest being held by three company members at Vingården. It was a fantastic way to end a Saturday night. The place is very small, the music was excellent and played at that perfect level of loud, and I very much enjoyed myself by doing some off-duty dancing with a big group of awesome people. Det var meget hyggeligt :)
And today brings one more performance of Othello, at 3pm. Since it is beautifully sunny this morning and something nearing 'warm,' I'm going to head over to the Skuespilhuset a bit earlier than usual to soak up what appears to be a fantastic Sunday here in Scandinavia. And come to think of it, I'll treat myself to a piece of something magical and a latte at my favorite pastry mecca, Lagkagehuset. Check it out:



When my dad was here helping me move across the big pond, he went to this place quite often for his fave, a kartoffelkage. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I do know it's a whole lot of chocolate madness in one big pillowy pastry. (My personal favorite is the direktør snegl, but I digress.)
And now for a bit of Sunday music, another glimpse into my Copenhagen playlist. This morning calls for the dulcet tones of British pop diva Dusty Springfield. Enjoy, and lykkelig søndag til alle!

No comments: