Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Letting Our Hair Down...

Ballet dancers traditionally have a reputation for being graceful, prim, possibly uptight people offstage. This is a myth, for while we generally possess good posture and of course polite manners, the group of people I work with and have come to befriend are some of the funniest, warmest, most creative people, and they certainly know how to have a good time. In our profession, free time is rare--this week, for instance, I know I will not get home to my little studio apartment before 11pm on any night. So we tend to take any and every opportunity to relax and enjoy "normal" life (whatever that is; if anyone has the answer, I beg of you, let me know). Without further ado...

We bring charisma to the table at Masken.

Quick trips to Paris (yes I know how spoiled that sounds) provide more entertainment.


A night out at Eiffel Bar involves the YMCA and dice games. The cups for which prove excellent for telephone photographs.

When good American friends are in town, we go to my favorite weekend place--in Kødbyen, a little joint called Mesteren & Lærlingen, where the music is fantastic, the beer is affordable, and all is hyggeligt.

To finish up this post of frivolity...sometimes we attend masquerade balls, and cannot believe the fabulousness of each other's outfits, and make appropriate facial expressions/hand gestures to express this disbelief.

No comments: