Thursday, April 8, 2010

Efter En Skærsommernatsdrøm...Hvorfor i dag var god :)

This evening, I donned an off-white unitard and matching swim cap to portray a fairy in the first act of En Skærsommernatsdrøm; I then put on a Jane Austen-esque wig and empirical sort of dress to play one of Helena's bridesmaids in the second act. All in all, everything was beautiful at the ballet in Kongens Nytorv.
After a performance, it takes me a little while to "wind down" and get tired enough to actually fall asleep. So I figured since I had a very good sort of Thursday, I'd make a list of things that were "fantastisk" about today. Here we go:

1. First of all, I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my balcony window, and 7 degree weather. This meant I could walk to work (my beloved bike, Detective Lenny Briscoe, is currently out of commission) in pleasant sunshine, wearing only one jacket. I smiled at this thought, and I am NOT a morning person.

2. We had a wonderful guest teacher for company class, followed by rehearsal for my favorite ballet, the Holy Grail of Balanchine works: Serenade.

3. My second rehearsal of the day was cancelled, giving me a rare opportunity to have a full afternoon off before the night's performance, and thus enjoy the sunshine.

4. Our work has a sauna. Due to the aforementioned cancellation, I had time to indulge in this fantastic workplace luxury.

5. I went to Kunsthallen Nikolaj and thoroughly, truly enjoyed Peter Callesen's Skin of Paper exhibition (which I posted about yesterday). The man has a way with paper and scissors. Wowza.

6. I bought toilet paper. I LOVE buying toilet paper in this country, because my brand of choice is called...Dinky Soft. Only the best name ever created for toilet paper!

7. Before going to the theatre to prep for the performance, I treated myself to Joe and the Juice. There are several locations in and around Kongens Nytorv, and I love the place. They sell wonderful sandwiches, smoothies, shakes, and coffee--all made right in front of you. I don't know what is in the pesto sauce, but it rocks my world. And a bonus? They seem to only hire male employees, and based on what my friends and I have seen, being cute is a job requirement. So you get a tasty sandwich and beverage with a side of eye candy. Nice.

8. Finally, I ended my day by doing what I love, with awesome coworkers, in a city I've fallen in love with. As my job. That's pretty nuts.

So, tusind tak for i dag, Copenhagen, og godnat....

No comments: